The Old Granary is a stone built two storey barn in the quiet hamlet of Wheatcroft.
* We have an extensive website with a comprehensive selection of pictures of the accommodation and external photos of the property and grounds.
* Bookings/enquiries can be made directly from the website via email, or via telephone or by letter.
* All guests are provided with a colour brochure with written directions to the barn.
* The nearest bus stop is 1 mile away at Plaistow Green.
* Cromford is the nearest railway station located approximately 3 miles from the barn.
* The nearest public telephone box is at Moorwood Moor approximately 1 mile away.
* Matlock taxis are available from Matlock on 01629 584195.
* This Access Statement is available on our website and in the welcome file in the barn.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
* The barn is situated adjacent to the owners farmhouse and is accessed through electrically operated gates.
* On arrival guests will be greeted and shown around the barn and its facilities.
* Guests will be provided with a key fob to operate the electric gates for the duration of their stay.
* Parking spaces are provided for up to four vehicles directly adjacent to the side of the barn. The parking area is illuminated with one ornate street lamp and floodlight.
* The drive area is surfaced with gravel.
* There is signage directing guests from the main drive to the parking area.
* Refuse bins and waste disposal facilities are located adjacent to the parking area.
* Access to the lawn area is gained via a stone cobbled edging 15 cms down onto the lawn.
* Access to the lower patio area is made via two stone steps 20 cms high x 158 cms wide and 30 cms deep. The second step is 14 cms high onto lower patio area which has a gravelled surface.
* The lower patio area has a small round iron table and two chairs, to the side of the table and chairs is a step down to the flower border of 60 cms.
* Access to the garden area with lawn is via four stone steps, Step 1 15cms down onto Step 2 30 cms deep x 139 cms wide x15 cms down onto Step 3 32 cms deep x 195 cms wide x 14 cms down onto Step 4 32 cms deep x 253 cms wide x 20 cms down onto lawn area.
* There are four stone steps onto the top patio area, Step 1 19 cms up x 30 cms deep x 178 cms wide onto Step 2 18 cms up x 30 cms deep x 153 cms wide onto Step 3 17 cms up x 31 cms deep x 124 cms wide onto Step 4 15 cms high onto patio area with a width of 123.5 cms wide between timber posts.
* The surface of the patio is of natural stone and therefore has slight undulations in its appearance.
* Located on the top patio area is the barbacue, hardwood table and 6 chairs, umbrella and hydrotherapy spa.
* The hydrotherapy spa is set into the stone patio level and is covered at all times when not in use, the lid folds down into the space provided, access to the spa is gained via the stone patio level with a 12 cm step up and over the side of the spa onto the seat area at a depth of 45 cms. Operating instructions are given at the time of arrival and a full list of health & safety guide lines are located in the Welcome Pack in the barn.
* There is balustrading and a handrail to the top patio area to a height of 88 cms.
* Access into the barn can be gained via three doors from the upper patio level. Kitchen door 80cms wide x 191 cms high with a 15 cm step, hinged on the left. The lounge door 80 cms wide x 196 cms high with an 18 cm step hinged on the right and the main entrance hall door 100 cms wide, 200 cms high with a 15 cm step hinged on the right.
* The lawn area has a mix of natural stone wall boundaries and post and rail fence. The wall to the right comprises of 50 cm high dry stone wall with a 50 cm steel wire mesh fence above, the stone wall to the rear is 65 cms high (average) with an average drop to the other side into the field of 130 cms. A post and rail fence is to the left boundary at a height of 90 cms.
* Access can also be arranged via a rear door to the barn with a low threshold of 5 cms. Door measuring 105 cms wide x 190 cms high hinged on the left.
* The main entrance door leads into the entrance hall, keyhole is100 cms high, the light switch is located on the left hand wall, also located on this wall is a fire extinguisher, a torch, emergency key, fire exit sign located above the door and access to WC, lounge and kitchen.
* The surface to the hall floor is of quarry tiles.
* The kitchen may be accessed from both the entrance hall and the lounge. Door from the hall 74 cms wide x 185 cms high hinged on the right, door from the lounge 74 cms wide x 185 cms high hinged on the left (please note the height of these doors).
* The kitchen has granite work surfaces 90 cms high x 65 cms deep.The height of the units are 87 cms high. The Rangemaster electric cooker is 85 cms high, 90 cms wide x 50 cms deep. The butler sink is at 87 cms high x 50 cms wide x 40 cms deep. Above the cooker there is an extractor fan that is switched to the side of the chimney breast.
* A microwave is also available.
* There is a dishwasher and fridge/freezer which are integrated into the units and a separate freezer located in the larder cupboard.
* There is a farmhouse style kitchen table 180 long x 860 wide with 6 painted chairs.
* The kitchen is lit by three separate sets of spotlights, a pendant light above the table and two further spotlights above the cooker.
* The switches are located to the side of both doors.
* There is a fire extinguisher and a fire blanket located to the side of the dresser unit.
* Crockery is provided in the cupboards along with glasses, plastic glasses for use in the spa and pans.
* There is a non-slip tiled surface to the floor.
* The oil fired central heating boiler is located inside the kitchen base units underneath the worktop.
* The front loading washing machine and tumble dryer are located in the kitchen integrated into the units. There is a clothes drying rack located in the understairs cupboard, ironing facilities located in the larder cupboard in the kitchen.
Ground Floor WC Cloakroom
* Accessed via door from entrance hall 74 cms wide x 198 cms high hinged to the left.
* Toilet 42 cms high x 37 cms wide x 43 cms deep.
* Sink 62 cms high x 61 cms wide x 45 cms deep.
* There is an extractor fan automatically operates when the light is switched from side of door in hall.
* There are two doors leading into the lounge, one from the kitchen 74 cms x 185 cms hinged on the right and one from the hall 74 cms x 196 cms hinged on the left. The light switches are located to the side of the door.
* The floor covering is terracotta floor tiles.
* One two seater sofa and one three seater sofa and one armchair together with a central coffee table.
* There is a television, DVD player, freeview box, CD/IPOD docking stereo, speakers.
* There is a multi-fuel wood burning stove with a log basket located to the side of the fireplace, firelighters and matches are located in the kitchen drawer, a fire guard is also available in the cupboard at the top of the stairs and must be used if the stove is to be used in the company of children.
* The hearth is of stone construction 5 cms high x 143 cms wide x 66 cms to the front of the fire.
* There are two side tables with lamps which can be operated independently. There is also a third table with lamp with information leaflets and guest book and binoculars. A telephone directory can be located in the drawer.
* The understairs cupboard has fuse board, spare light bulbs, spa net and hoover.
* There is a mains powered smoke detector fitted.
* Leading from the lounge is the staircase 70 cms wide with 11 stair treads at 20 cms high x 26 cms deep, hand rails are 90 cms high and spindles 10 cms apart. The light switch is located at the bottom of the stairs.
* The top of the landing is 78 cms long x 70 cms wide leading onto landing area of 76 cms wide x 450 cms long.
* There is a fire extinguisher located at the top of the stairs and there is a mains powered smoke detector fitted to the ceiling.
* Door 74 cms wide x 198 cms high hinged on the left. The light switch is located to the side of the door this operates the centre light and the bedside lamps.
* There is a fitted sisal carpet.
* There is a painted French style cane bed 167 cms x 207 cms with mattress 152 cms x 200 cms.
* The space to the left of the bed is 80 cms.
* The space to the right of the bed is 90 cms.
* The space at the bottom of the bed to the hanging rail is 70 cms.
* The dressing table is 79 cms high x 77 cms wide x 32 cms deep.
* The fire escape window is 88 cms high to the sill from the floor and the window is 85 cms wide x 107 cms high.
* There are two bedside tables with lamps which can be switched independently from the bed.
* Door 74 cms wide x 198 cms high, hinged on the left opening into the bedroom. The light switch is located on the outside wall to the side of the door.
* The toilet is 42 cms high x 37 cms wide x 43 cms deep.
* The sink is 77 cms high x 27 cms deep x 46 cms wide.
* The 90 cm x 120 cm quadrant shower has a 13 cm step into the shower tray. The floor is covered with tiles.
* Access to the twin bedroom is from landing door 74 cms x 198 cms hinged on the left with light switch to the side of door that operates both centre light and lamps. Door two (interlinking door with Bedroom 1) 60 cms x 198 cms hinged on the right.
* Two single beds 92 cms x 200 cms.
* To the right of bed 45 cms.
* To the centre of beds 30 cms.
* To the left of bed 50 cms.
* To the bottom of beds 134 cms.
* Dressing table 73 cms high x 35 cms deep x 94 cms wide.
* There are two bedside tables with lights that can be operated independently.
* There is a fitted sisal carpet.
* Door 74 cms wide x 195 cms high, hinged on the left opening into the bedroom.
* The bed is 150 cms wide x 200 cms long.
* To the left of bed 110 cms.
* To the right of bed 155 cms.
* To the bottom of bed 70 cms.
* The dressing table is 74 cms high.
* The fire escape window is 89 cms from floor level to sill and is 85 cms wide and 107 cms high.
* A second window is 57 cms from the floor to sill.
* There are two bedside tables with lamps that can be operated independently.
* There is a fitted sisal carpet.
* Door 58 cms wide x 198 cms high.
* Toilet is 42 cms to the seat x 35 cms wide x 43 cms deep.
* Sink is 82 cms high x 40 cms wide x 25 cms deep.
* The 90 cm x 90 cm quadrant shower cubicle has a step of 22 cms into the tray.
* The floor covering is linoleum.
* Door 74 cms x 198 cms hinged on the left.
* The light switch is operated from outside of the bathroom door.
* Toilet is 42 cms high to the seat x 37 cms wide x 43 cms deep.
* Sink 42 cms high x 61 cms wide x 45 cms deep.
* Bath 170 cms long x 74 cms wide x 45 cms high with taps located to the side.
* The floor covering is linoleum.
* A welcome pack of wine, chocolates, flowers, 6 free range eggs, milk, tea, coffee, sugar. Also included are all kitchen essentials, kitchen towelling, dishwasher tablets, washing machine tablets, washing up liquid, cling film, kitchen foil, sandwich bags, bin bags, dishcloth, hand wash dispenser and shower gel and conditioner dispensers. Complimentary basket of logs.
* No pets.
* No smoking.
* Mattress protectors and pillow protectors are fitted.
* Either feather or non-allergenic microfibre duvets and pillows can be provided.
* Address Beech Farm, Wheatcroft Lane, Wheatcroft,
Nr Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 5GU
* Telephone Numbers 01629 530941
* Email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Website www.theoldgranary.net
* Hours of Operation Open all year
* Emergency Number 07988 793763
Local Public Transport Numbers:
* Derbyshire Public Transport www.derbyshire.gov.uk/buses
* Traveline Public Transport information 0871 200 22 33
* Community Transport Information 01335 300670
* Midland Mainline train information 08457 484950 textphone 08457 078051 www.midlandmainline.com
* Taxi: Matlock Taxis 01629 584195
* The nearest shops are approximately 2.5 miles away at Crich
* The nearest public house is approximately 1 mile away at Moorwood Moor
We welcome any suggestions to help us improve what we provide.If you have any suggestions please phone us on 01629 530941 or 07988 793763 or email us at email@example.com